Preserve Face & Body has a couple of exciting announcements! We are now servicing clients from a second location in the Mountain Brook Office Park area and are offering Epidermal Leveling. This procedure normally costs $80-160 but we are offering a special price for this month at $50! Call to book your appointment today at 205-542-0801.
If you are unfamiliar with Epidermal Leveling, here are a few commonly asked questions:
What is Epidermal Leveling?
Epidermal leveling is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure, which represents the most current advancements in skin rejuvenation for safe and effective skin exfoliation that is suitable for both men and women of all skin tones. This procedure, also known as “dermaplaning” utilizes a special surgical blade to carefully remove the upper most layers of the dermis (skin) resulting in a refinished appearance.
This procedure effectively removes not only the top layers of damaged skin but also the very fine vellous hair (peach fuzz) that can trap excess dirt and oil leaving the complexion looking dull. The process also rejuvenates skin tissue reducing acne scarring, uneven pigmentation and fine line wrinkles.
Is Epidermal Leveling an appropriate treatment for all skin types?
Epidermal leveling is a procedure that is equally safe for all skin types and skin tones.
How often is Epidermal Leveling required to maintain the results?
Epidermal leveling is recommended on a monthly basis in order to maintain the best results.
What is the treatment process for Epidermal Leveling?
The epidermal leveling procedure is simple, painless and can be done as an outpatient service in approximately 45 minutes. The procedure includes the following steps:
- A trained aesthetician performs facial cleansing
- The surgical blade is applied to the skin in a low-pressure sweeping manner
- In some instances, the epidermal leveling treatment process may be immediately followed by a chemical facial peel
What is the recovery time after the procedure?
Typically, there is not a recovery time necessary after the epidermal leveling procedure is completed.
What are the benefits of Epidermal Leveling?
The benefits of epidermal leveling include:
- Greater penetration and absorption of skincare products
- Makeup applies more smoothly with a more velvety appearance
- Increased firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Reduction in the amount of fine lines and wrinkles
- Correction of skin tone and texture due to sun damage
- Correction of some forms of acne and rosacea (red splotching of the skin)